|ACPA Accepts 2012 CPA Chapter of the Year award!|
| Craig Lareau, Ph.D., CPA President, April Fernando, Ph.D., ACPA Past President and Robert Perl, Psy.D., ACPA CPA Board Representative at 2012 CPA Convention,
April 21, 2012
Psychologists in Alameda County join the Alameda County Psychological Association to serve the public, increase their professional status, network with their peers, and participate in quality continuing education events. The Alameda County Psychological Association is a local chapter of the California Psychological Association, an affiliate of the American Psychological Association.
As a collaboration of licensed psychologists and others affiliated with the delivery of psychological services, these Associations seek to promote the responsible and effective practice of psychology through activities which support the education of its members and the highest standards of professional conduct and ethics.
The Alameda County Psychological Association
- Helps the public find psychologist services via its "Find a Psychologist" data base.
- Offers quality continuing education (CEU) events to increase members expertise.
- Provides a forum for discussion of current issues in psychological care, governmental affairs, and ethics.
- Keeps members informed of statewide legislative activity related to managed care, hospital practice, prescription privilege authority, access to mental health services, and much more.
- Supports public service programs such as the Disaster Response Service.
The Alameda County Psychological Association helps the public Find a Local Psychologist in Oakland, Fremont, Hayward, Berkeley, Livermore, San Leandro, Alameda, Union City, Pleasanton; provides CEU workshops for Psychologists; protects the profession through legislative advocacy; encourages networking, information sharing, and mutual support among members.