ACPA is a volunteer organization of psychologists dedicated to serving the public and their profession.
THE ALAMEDA COUNTY PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION SEEKS TO PROMOTE HUMAN WELFARE AND ADVANCE THE PROFESSION OF PSYCHOLOGY.
Our activities include the following:
- Educating the public about when and how to access psychological service and providing referrals when appropriate;
- Providing leadership and service to the profession through community service, media outreach, and informing and supporting the California Psychological Association’s legislative advocacy and regulatory oversight;
- Creating opportunities for continuing education, networking, and mutual support among psychologists in all areas of specialization
- Offering professional consultation regarding clinical, legal and ethical issues to better serve the public and the profession;
- Promoting education, professional development, and training in psychology;
- Providing emergency psychological services in times of community emergencies or disasters, and outreach to community groups with special needs.
As a collaboration of licensed psychologists and others, our Association seeks to promote the responsible and effective practice of psychology.
We do this through supporting the education and community building of our members and by upholding the highest standards of professional conduct and ethics.