Why all psychologists should join the Alameda County Psychological Association:
- We provide free or low cost continuing education (CE) programs to support your professional development and maintain your license. These are high quality, well-organized events with renowned experts who will help keep you current on the latest developments in the field.
- We help the public find your practice via our Find a Psychologist directory of psychologists. Joining ACPA is a good way to advertise your services and specialties.
- We protect the profession. We advocate for bills and regulations that enhance our capacity to practice to the full extent of our training and skill, and oppose legislation that is bad for the public and for psychology.
- We provide free ethics consultations and colleague assistance to answer members' questions and address their professional concerns.
- We support public health through programs such as disaster response, depression screening, and media services.
- Our website and member listserv provide news and information of interest- up-to-date information about policy and legislation affecting your practice; articles about new advances in science, theory, and practice; and information about important events. These electronic resources are a great way to look for a colleague, find a referral, office, or renter, or to seek opinions, professional information, and share ideas.
- ACPA is your professional community! We offer open board meetings, twice annual holiday gatherings, monthly social events, and other opportunities for you to get to know the psychologists of Alameda County.
Support your Association! Strengthen our profession!